I’m at it again with my Air Fryer! Air Fryer Buffalo Shrimp Egg Rolls.
With the Super Bowl two weeks away, it’s all about snacks! Buffalo Wings, shrimp, chips, dips, meatballs, and the list goes on. I combined 3 game day favorites into one fantastic snack. The best part is, I got to use my air fryer.
In case you have been living in a cave, the air fryer is taking the “frying” world by storm. Anything you would normally fry can come out crispy and golden with little or no oil. I know crazy right!!!
I made the obligatory french fries, which came out beautifully. Sweet potato fries….not so much, but I think that was blogger error. Way too high a temperature…..but I’ll get it next time. Although I did discover a secret about sweet potato fries that I will share with you in a later post. Stay tuned.
Egg rolls can seem daunting if you have never made them before. Will they stay together, is the filling too much, not enough. Never fear, once you get the knack they are a breeze.Rolling egg rolls is really easy as I said. Scared? Check out a YouTube video for quick instruction.
The filling for the Air Fryer Buffalo Shrimp Egg Rolls is a snap to make. Measure two ingredients..butter and hot sauce…melt them in a skillet, add the shrimp, and ta da……filling.
Shredded coleslaw mix, if you want to shred your own cabbage you can, but the slaw mix makes this recipe so easy.
Now about the blue cheese…..I like blue cheese, but I love gorgonzola, so that’s the cheese I chose….lol rhymer!
Blue cheese is a strong flavor, so don’t be tempted to go overboard. You will overpower the taste of the shrimp, beside you are going to have a nice creamy Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce to dip your egg rolls in, so you will not be lacking in flavor.
Egg rolls take just a small amount of filling. After all the crispy wrapper is really the best part ……in my humble opinion. I used 3 shrimp per egg roll and it came out almost perfect. Performing the ultimate sacrifice, there were two pieces of shrimp left over…we ate them. Such is the life of food bloggers!
One complaint I have, and its a very small one, is that the baskets are kinda small. To make sure all the side of the egg rolls were crispy, I did two batches.My basket only fits four egg rolls at a time, but since they only take about 15 minutes it was fine.
Being in the kitchen for hours before the big game is not necessary, make these up ahead, and keep them in the refrigerator until you are ready to snack.
Having a whole house full of folks? You can also bake or deep fry these egg rolls.
Game Day, cards with friends, or anytime you want to use that Air Fryer try Air Fryer Buffalo Shrimp Egg Rolls!
- Egg Rolls
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, 21/25 peeled, and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Rays but you can use Franks or your favorite brand)
- 1 cup shredded cole slaw mix
- ⅓ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Celery sticks if desired
- Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Egg Rolls
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 3 tablespoons of hot sauce shrimp in hot sauce in a skillet. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- To assemble egg rolls, working with 1 egg roll wrapper at a time, place the wrapper with one corner of the diamond closest to you.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the cole slaw mix in the center of the wrapper. Top with 3 pieces of shrimp and 1-2 teaspoons gorgonzola crumbles.
- Roll the corner closest to you over the filling.
- Brush the top corner with water. Fold in the sides of the wonton and continue rolling the egg roll up until it is closed.
- Press to seal, set aside, continue with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 390 degrees following instruction with your fryer.
- Spray each egg roll with cooking spray. I use coconut oil spray.
- Place four egg rolls in the fryer basket sprayed side down, then spray the other side while in the fryer. The cooking spray gives a nice crispiness and brown color to the egg rolls.
- Place in fryer for 7 minutes. Open fryer and turn egg roll over and cook for another 7 or 8 minutes. Keep an eye on them during the last few minutes so they do not burn.
- Remove from fryer and repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Alternately you can bake for 10 minutes in a 450 degree oven.
- To serve stack egg roll on a platter and serve with the Gorgonzola Dipping Sauce and celery sticks.
- Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix throughly. Refrigerate until ready to use.