Chocolate Mousse Minis
Can you stand how awesomely cute these are………they looked so great, we almost didn’t want to eat them…….NOT!!!!!!
I was happy, happy, happy with this recipe, and with Tim’s great, awesome, wonderful, perfect pictures…….he is so great!!!
As I said in my previous post, we had a New Years Eve pre celebration this past Sunday. We wanted to be able to share with you, a great meal for your own New Years Eve.
What special meal doesn’t deserve a special dessert?? But, after a big meal you don’t always want a big dessert. Enter…….Chocolate Mousse Minis. They are bite sized rich creamy chocolate mousse, piped into pre-made phyllo cups, and topped with a fresh red raspberry….optional dust of powdered sugar.
The mousse has several……..surprise ingredients that will make you say…..hmmmmm.
The mousse does have a small amount of cream, but it gets most of its creaminess from……wait for it……..avocado…….that right…….avocado. Who knew? Avocados work really well with chocolate, and avocados are good for you…….so, if you really put a stretch on it, perhaps this is a healthy dessert…….ok, probably not, but it doesn’t matter it’s New Years Eve (aka special occasion) and you deserve a treat!
Surprise ingredient number two……..just a little pinch of cayenne pepper. You don’t taste it, and it leaves that little bit of warmth as an after taste. It really makes the dish……..just that little pinch!
So, toast in the New Year with some Chocolate Mousse Minis after your special meal…..perhaps our Merlot Mushroom Filets???
We wish all of our readers a wonderful New Year and look forward to hearing from all of you in 2015!!!!!
Happy New Year!!!!!!
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 medium-sized ripe avocados, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dark process cocoa powder
- 11/2 teaspoons turbinado sugar (you can use regular sugar also)
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 pkg. thaw and serve mini phyllo cups
- Fresh red raspberries
- Powered sugar for dusting, if desired
- Place chopped chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 to 1½ minutes stirring until smooth. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cooled chocolate and the next eight ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled to firm it up (about 40 minutes).
- Place mousse into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe the mousse into pre-made phyllo cups.
- Top with a fresh raspberry. Dust with powered sugar if desired.