Chocolate Raspberry Cookie
Well………… how nice that ‘Date Night Dinner’ is the day before Valentine’s Day…………I made this cookie last weekend and allI can say is, delicious. It has some of my favorite things………chocolate, raspberries, almonds……….and more chocolate. Bonus, it only serves two, so no leftovers…….wait!!!!!……. maybe not a bonus. Anyway, it was super easy to make, tastes like it took a lot of effort, and I think it looks like a million bucks.
So after you have served your Poor Mans Lobster (shameless plug)…….impress your sweetie with this cookie……it’s meant to be shared……..pssst it doesn’t have to be Valentines Day to share this with your sweetie 😉Print
Sweet treat for two!!
- For Cookie:
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon each vanilla and raspberry extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Cookie Topping:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- Fresh red raspberries
- 1 oz. white chocolate melted ( you can also use chocolate if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- For cookie:
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and raspberry extract. Making sure to blend well so the butter and sugar are well incorporated.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder into the sugar mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place dough on lined cookie sheet and shape mixture into a 6 inch round cookie making a slight edge around the outside of the cookie.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove cookie from oven and sprinkle the 1/4 cup chocolate chips over cookie and place back in oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and spread the chocolate chips, over the cookie up to the edge you made.
- For Toppings:
- Arrange the raspberries and almond in any fashion you like…….be creative. Melt the 1 oz. of chocolate and drizzle over entire cookie. Serve alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream