Italian Marinated Cheese
Cheese and crackers are an easy, go-to appetizer for any type of party, because after all who doesn’t like cheese. No matter what type of event you go to, the traditional cheese and cracker plate is there……so how about making it something to remember……..???
Italian Marinated Cheese is several things:
- Easy to make
- Easy to take along
- Stores for several weeks
- Looks elegant
- Is super tasty
With the holidays or anytime you are in charge of bringing the cheese tray, make up a batch of this cheese.
I purchased cheese that was already cubed……..because, even with my cheese knife ……..one of my favorite tools…….its still a pain in the a#@ to cut cheese and make it all perfect little cubes. Let the people who make the cheese, cut the cheese….tee hee……….but seriously, it makes this recipe super easy. Place all the cubes in a single layer in a dish about 2 inches in depth.
The marinade is a simple vinaigrette with Italian seasoning, red peppers, green onions, garlic, oil and vinegar. The green onions and red peppers give it a festive look and add a great taste to the marinade.
Once you have the cheese in the dish and the marinade made, pour the marinade over the cheese and let it set for at least 8 hours so the flavors really get into the cheese.
Then when cheese tray duty calls, just put the Italian Marinated Cheese in a pretty container and serve with some nice crackers. Some fresh fruit on the side adds to the elegance, and you will be the talk of the party……..it will be our little secret about how easy it was……..;)
- 1-8-oz package of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1-8-oz package of Cheddar Cheese cubes (about 2 cups)
- ½ c. olive oil
- ½ c. white wine vinegar
- 3 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 T. minced green onions
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup minced red pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients and whisk until the mixture is emulsified, set aside.
- Arrange cheese cubes in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate at least eight hours.
- To serve, transfer cheese to a serving dish, spoon marinade over the cheese. Serve with assorted crackers.