This was almost too easy……Rustic Biscuit Breakfast!!!
Sometimes Saturday mornings are lazy at our house. Tim works a part time job on the weekends, so we mostly laze around.
We try and decide what we will make for our next recipe. But after looking at recipes and food while enjoying a cup of coffee, we get hungry.
I went on a scavenger hunt in the frig…….I had no intention of this being a recipe, but it turned out soooo good, we decided you needed to be able to try it too!
Everything was something I had in the pantry or frig. Some left over cooked potatoes from a very nice steak dinner we had a few days before, bacon, spinach, and eggs.
Now, I will say that no one makes an egg sandwich like my husband……he makes the best egg sandwich ever.
I think I gave him a run for his money…….ok maybe not, but the Rustic Biscuit Breakfast was a close second.
I used canned biscuits, I flatten a few so when you put the egg on it you had a little more area. I cooked the rest normal for later.
Since this was rustic, I fried the bacon, then used the bacon grease to fry the potatoes……no better taste. I splashed a bit of vinegar on the potatoes and set them aside.
Next, just a quick wilt of spinach with some freshly minced garlic, and another scant splash of vinegar.
Split the flatten biscuit , top with spinach and potatoes, cover with foil to keep warm while you make the eggs.
Again bacon grease…..I know this is not exactly healthy……but it has healthy elements…….thats good right???
After cooking the eggs, remove the foil, and place the egg on top. Place the top of the biscuit on top and you have a Rustic Biscuit Breakfast.
I ate mine with a fork, but Tim, like a sandwich……either way Rustic Biscuit Breakfast is a perfect Saturday breakfast.
- 2 cups, cooked potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 4 pieces bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Open can of biscuits and with a rolling pin flatten 4 of the biscuit. Place flatten biscuits and remaining unflatten biscuit on a cookie sheet. Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Transfer cooked bacon to paper towels. Pour drippings into small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon drippings in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and sauté until browned.Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with ½ tablespoon vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon drippings spinach and garlic toss until wilted, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Split flattened biscuits with a serrated knife. Save unflatten biscuit for another use.
- Divide spinach between biscuits; top with potatoes dividing evenly. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Add remaining drippings to skillet. Fry eggs sunny side up. Place eggs on top of potatoes and sprinkle with bacon and top with biscuit top.