If you need a fancy-schmancy, looks like it came from a fancy-schmancy bakery, look no further! Triple Berry Lemon Mascarpone Tart is the dessert for you!
Trolling Pinterest I came across the most eye catching dessert from Nerds with Knives. A beautiful tart topped with scrumptious berries. I had to investigate. Color me surprised when I found the recipe to be super easy, and it could be made ahead. Continue reading “Triple Berry Lemon Mascarpone Tart”
The groundhog has spoken……more winter. So, more baking. Double Berry Breakfast Bake is just the ticket for more winter.
Warm, sweet, full of berries, and oats. Just the thing to warm you up and get you going on a cold morning.
Coffeecake like, Double Berry Breakfast Bake is just sweet enough make you think you have having a decadent treat, but gives you some pretty good nutrition to start your day.
Continue reading “Double Berry Breakfast Bake”
I found a new grocery store……..the produce section rocks! How about blackberries …….. Lemon Blackberry Scones.
So, I go to this new grocery store……..I step inside…….grab a cart………my eyes glaze over! I kid you not……..the produce section was HUGE!!! And boy howdy, they had everything. I can’t wait to try some of the more unusual things I found……..but, that’s for another time.
They had blackberries for 99 cents a pint……I bought two! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them but they looked luscious.
Now, it’s Sunday morning, what to have for breakfast? The weather is now finally turning nice maybe some coffee and scones, on the veranda…….ok we don’t have a veranda, but you get the idea.
I also bought some beautiful lemons at my new favorite store…..it was a match made in heaven. Just a slight hint of lemon brought out the beauty in the berries, plus they color coordinate……I’m kinda matchy, matchy.
I like a crunchy topping on muffins, so why not scones, a little bit of oatmeal…..makes them healthy right?
And what scone is complete without a drizzle of glaze. Lemon added just the right zing to top of these beautiful, bursting with berries scones.
For your next Sunday breakfast on your veranda …….or wherever you eat breakfast, try my Lemon Blackberry Scones.
Oh yeah…….they are great warmed up for an grab and go breakfast on Monday morning, when you are running late…….
Lemon Blackberry Scones
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup cold butter, grated
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blackberries
- grated zest from lemon
- Streusel Topping:
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Lemon Glaze:
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Sift the dry ingredients together. Grate the cold butter into the dry ingredients (using a box grater makes the butter easy to blend into the dry ingredients), add the lemon zest. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the dry ingredients until it is the size of peas.
- Add the blueberries and toss with the flour.
- Mix together the buttermilk and egg and add to the dry ingredients. Fold mixture together gently, being careful not to break the berries.
- Press dough into a large circle on a flour surface. Cut out dough into 8 triangles.
- Mix the streusel ingredient together in a small bowl. Sprinkle streusel on top of the triangles and place on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake scones for 18 -20 min.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients adding extra powdered sugar to get the consistency you like for a glaze. Let scones cool a bit before drizzling with the lemon glaze. Serve while warm.