Chicken Cordon Boyd
It’s ‘Date Night Dinner’ time again. I wanted to make something nice, but easy. I think I have achieved my goal. Chicken! Chicken is what you fix for dinner when you don’t know what to fix for dinner. Everybody likes chicken!
Making something special doesn’t always have to take a lot of time. This dish was easy to prepare and easy to cook. You can make it ahead of time and pop it in the oven whenever you and your date are ready for dinner. Just add something green………..it’s the beginning of asparagus season, so what a perfect match for my Chicken Cordon Boyd.
The really nice thing about writing your own recipes, and having a food blog, is you can name stuff after yourself using a little rhyme, or play on words. Chicken Cordon Bleu is now Chicken Cordon Boyd. A very different recipe than what is in my Betty Crocker Cookbook, from the mid 70’s, but every bit as good.
So for your next Date Night try our Chicken Cordon Boyd.Print
- 4 thick boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 oz. deli-sliced ham, cut into strips about 1″ by 2″
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut into strips about 1″ by 2″
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Slice slits about 1″ apart in chicken breasts almost all the way
- through,careful not to cut completely through. Slide strips of ham and
- cheese into each slit.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet lined
- with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix dijon mustard, parsley and panko breadcrumbs until mixed.
- Sprinkle evenly over prepared chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.