Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps
Reformulating recipes to fit my new Weight Watcher lifestyle has been a unique challenge. Trying to use old recipes and make them point friendly means thinking outside the box.
I am almost one month on Weight Watchers and am feeling several things……
- Happy that I have stuck to it….I’m not much on will power where food is concerned.
- Glad to say I have lost 8 pounds.
- Unhappy to say I have only lost 8 pounds….just wish it was coming off faster
- Empowered that I can make choices…they are my points to use as I wish.
- Grateful that such a program exists and helps you with the hard stuff, like how many points are in what foods. The app for the program is stupendous.
Continue reading “Mashed Cauliflower Stuffed Portabella Caps”
Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower
Cauliflower is still a shinning star in the food world. Pearly white heads of chunky florets, just begging for new recipes. Whole, in florets, mashed, or riced, the possibilities are endless.
I’m not sure if I have told this story before….after almost five years, I may have started to repeat….or maybe its old timers.
When I was kid, we all went over the river and through the woods to Grandmothers house. Ok, we did go over a river, but she didn’t live in the woods, and we called her Grandma. Anyway, Holidays were spent at her house, and she cooked. My Grandma was an awesome cook, you know the old fashioned, down home kind of cook <3. Continue reading “Whole Roasted Loaded Cauliflower”
One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
We all have that one person in our family who makes a dish that everyone craves. A dish that no-one can make quite like they can. My Aunt Sis made cabbage rolls like nobodies business. Good down-home cooking. Plain and seriously delicious!
Trying to recreate someone else’s recipe can sometimes be futile……or you can make you own version and be the one who has that crave-able dish. My mission is clear. Continue reading “One Pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls”