Looking for an easy, super tasting grilled cheese? Then look no further than Bacon Apple Grilled Cheese.
Tim and I love sandwiches. This one is the best!
Warm, toasty, and cheesy… with a tart crunch of apple. And what can you say about bacon?????? Continue reading “Bacon Apple Grilled Cheese”
Apple Bacon Chicken Burger
Shhh! ……….I don’t want to say this too loud, but I think the weather is taking a turn ……for the better 🙂
That means its time to dust off (maybe you will still have to shovel,depending on where you live) the grill. An nice burger on the grill would really hit the spot, huh????
Maybe this Apple Bacon Chicken Burger would be just the ticket. I said it a million…slight exaggeration …….times but I love ground chicken for a burger in place of turkey. For me, it has a better flavor, but if you are a lover of the turkey, please substitute it in this recipe.
As anyone who has used ground chicken (or turkey) knows it can be a little dry, but in the case of this burger the add ins make it nice and juicy. One other tip, I know its poultry and you do need to cook it through, but do not over cook it. If you do, no matter what you have added, it will be dry. A little bit of bacon, onion, sage and maple syrup add a nice flavor to the burger and a topping of Maple Dijon sauce and grilled granny smith apples and wow!!!
Tim and I love burgers and we will be adding more burger’s like the Apple Bacon Chicken Burger as the weather improves………we may even end up with our first e-book on Burgers……….Boyd’s Book of Burgers…….I like the sound of that . So stay tuned for more burger recipes and maybe that e-book.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, chopped
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, and cut into 12 wedges
- 4 hamburger or kaiser buns, lightly toasted
- Dice bacon and cook in a small skillet until crisp. Remove from pan to drain on paper toweling. Add onions to bacon drippings and saute until lightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine, ground chicken, bacon, onion, sage, 2 teaspoons of maple syrup, salt and pepper. Mix well and divide into 4 burgers.
- Place the burger on a grill pan or outdoor grill coated with non-stick cooking spray. Grill burgers 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toss apple wedges with remaining 1 teaspoon of maple syrup. Grill the apple slices until you have nice grill marks.
- To assemble the burgers place burger on bottom half of bun. Top with Maple Dijon Sauce (see recipe below), top with grilled apples and top half of bun.
- Maple Dijon Sauce:
- Mix together 3 tablespoons mayo or salad dressing, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1 small shallot( about 3 teaspoons). Serve with Apple Bacon Burger.