Only 5 days until the big day!
Time to get those final plans ready for your Super Bowl Party. Every party needs a dip……….and I don’t mean your crazy cousin with the foam finger, or your husband’s college buddy who hasn’t quite left the campus…..ten years later. I mean a yummy hot from the oven dip served with pita chips. I was not sure if this would be a game day dip or not, quite frankly after I made it I thought it might be better suited for a fancy soiree. But then all parties are different so I am going to add it to my Super Bowl list.
Unlike my Cheesy Onion Dip this one has a nutty salty taste that you get with the parmesan cheese and almonds and a creamy texture from cream cheese. Also there is something I really enjoy about a dip served with pita chips. I love pita chips, crispy kinda like bread, kinda like a cracker. They are sturdy enough to hold up to any dip and not break off in said dip. I made mine myself. Cut them into wedges, give them a little spray of olive oil , salt if you desire, pop them into to the oven and bake until golden brown and crispy. Of course you can also just buy a bag of pita chips.Just a little secret……….if you brush them with butter and sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar and bake them……….well, words cannot describe the joy!!!! Not for this dip recipe but for a special treat………just for you!
So give this dip a try for your Super Bowl party or for your next Date Night Dinner!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup sliced toasted almonds
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toast sliced almonds in a small dry skillet until just starting t brown and turning fragrant. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, heavy cream,sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, parmesan and ½ cup almonds. Mix with a spoon to combine, then press into a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining almonds. Serve with pita chips!