- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), extra fat trimmed off
- 6 ounces from bottle of beer
- 1 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cored, then roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (not cayenne)
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Flour tortillas
- crumbled goat cheese
- diced fresh pineapple
- fresh cilantro leaves
- sliced red onions
- Cut the pork shoulder into 2-inch cubes. Add the pork the slow cooker.
- Add the chipotles in adobo, pineapple, red onion, chili powder, lime juice, white vinegar, salt, cumin and black pepper to a blender or food processor. Puree until the mixture is completely smooth, about 30-60 seconds. Stir in the beer and then pour the mixture on top of the pork, and toss until the pork is evenly coated.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours, until the pork is completely tender and shreds easily with a fork. Use two forks to shred the pork, then toss it in the remaining juices.
- To assemble the pizzas:
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Spray tortillas with non stick spray and place on a baking sheet. Bake tortillas unit starting to crisp, 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and top with al pastor, pineapple, red onion, and goat cheese. Return to oven for an additional 5 -7 minutes or until tortilla is crispy. Sprinkle with cilantro and enjoy!