- 1 pound salmon fillet, smoked using applewood chips, cooled
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 fuji apple julienned
- 4 mini cucumbers, chunked
- Candied Walnut for garnish (see recipe) below
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoons Onion
- 1 1/2 t. Dijon Mustard
- 3 T. Frozen Applejuice Concentrate
- To smoke salmon: Soak about 2 cups of apple wood chips in water for at least 1 hour. Prepare grill (charcoal or gas grill) so heat is medium high. Place chips in a smoker box or directly on coals for a charcoal grill. Place salmon on a grill pan with holes or on a piece of tin foil. Grill/smoke for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Break cooked,cooled salmon into chunks.
- Arrange all ingredients in a bowl.
- Top with candied walnut.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together. Whisk until emulsified.
- Serve salad with dressing.