- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, thawed,peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup tarragon and flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- In an electric pressure cooker set on sear, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add 3 cups of chicken stock; season with salt and pepper.
- Secure lid. Set pressure cooker on rice setting for 10 minutes. Vent pressure, then remove lid. Reset to sear setting and stir in shrimp with remaining 1 1/2 cups broth, and cook until shrimp are opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Finish with herbs and serve immediately.
Keywords: instant pot, garlic, butter, shrimp, arborio rice, onion, seafood, easy, main dish