- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 package no cook lasagna noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups swiss cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound sliced ham, thin slices ( I used left over from a spiral cut ham)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees .
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 1 cup of swiss cheese and half of the nutmeg; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the cheese sauce in a baking dish. Layer 3 noodles on the sauce and top with 3/4 cup cheese sauce. Place half the ham and asparagus on top and 1/3 of the remaining swiss over the sauce. Repeat the layering process three more times. Top with the remaining noodles, cheese sauce, swiss and nutmeg. Cover with foil and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Keywords: asparagus, ham, lasagna, bake, dinner, no cook lasagna noodles