- 3–4 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed ( about 1/2 bunch)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- coconut oil spray
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bread
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- About 2 cups cooked chicken
- Sliced red onion
- About 2 cups cooked chicken ( any left over chicken will do )
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil spray. Chop asparagus and toss onto to pan in one even layer. Add the peeled garlic cloves. Roast in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, puree together the asparagus, garlic cloves, Parmesan, almonds, and basil. Drizzle in olive oil process until smooth and paste-like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray bread slices with coconut oil spray on both sides.
- Place bread on a grill pan, or skillet, over medium heat, to toast bread slices. Once both sides are golden brown, place cheese on bread, layer with sun dried tomatoes, chicken, and red onion slices.
- On the other slices of bread smear the Asparagus pesto. Top the other bread with this one to form the sandwich.
- Remove from skillet slice and enjoy!