- 3/4 cups Fry Krisp
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears
- Peanut oil for frying
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard (if you can not find horseradish mustard substitute with 2 teaspoons dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish)
- In a large bowl whisk together fry krisp, tomato puree, white pepper, garlic powder, salt, and egg until well blended. Thin with water. Batter should be the consistency of melted ice cream.
- Cut asparagus into equal length pieces.
- Heat peanut oil in fryer to 350* (If you do not have a fryer you can heat oil in a large saucepan)
- Dip pieces of asparagus in the prepared batter shaking off any excess. Gently place in fryer and cooking for about 4 minutes. Remove form oil to a paper towel to drain.
- Serve immediately Horseradish Mustard Dip.
- Dip: Mix all ingredients well.