- 2 cups cooked pearl couscous
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot, diced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 fennel bulb, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 ½ cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 large green peppers cut in half lengthwise
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the shallot and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add diced fennel and cook for another 5 minutes or until fennel softens. Add butternut squash, sage, cranberries, chicken broth, and cider vinegar and cook for 15 minutes or until butternut squash has softened and almost all of the liquid has cooked down. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Add couscous and pine nut to the mixture in the skillet. Stir to combine.
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, place the green pepper halves. Stuff the peppers with the the couscous mixture. Cover with tin foil and bake in a 375* oven for 30-35 minutes.
- To serve,place one pepper half on plate or in a shallow bowl and top with Creamy Cauliflower Sauce and garnish with chopped sage leaves if desired.
Pre time does not include making the Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
Keywords: couscous, fennel, butternut squash, cauliflower sauce