- 1¼ teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 1½ cups flour+, plus extra, for dusting
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ½ tablespoon olive oil, plus extra, for drizzling
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices applewood smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup grated swiss
- 1/4 teaspoon dried re pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place the yeast, sugar and water in a large bowl and set aside in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Sift flour, salt into yeast mixture, add oil and mix to combine. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough back in a large bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 15–20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to make a 10 inch circle. Transfer to a deep-sided 10 inch cast iron skillet ( you can also use any deep baking dish) lined with parchment paper and push dough up sides.
- Crack the eggs onto the dough and top with the bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the cheese, red pepper flakes flakes and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serves 4-6.
You may want to broil for just a few minutes to achieve a really golden top.
Keywords: yeast, tomato, eggs, bacon, breakfast, swiss cheese