- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Baked Feta
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, diced (I used a jarred roasted red pepper)
- 1–1/2 block of feta
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- Pita chips to serve
- Place oregano, celery, carrots, onions, lemon zest, salt to taste, and 3 cups water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain broth through a fine-mesh sieve into measuring cup, discarding solids. Keep broth warm.
- For the baked feta: Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place the feta in a small ovenproof nonstick skillet( I used a cast iron skillet) and top with roasted red peppers. Pour just enough of reserved broth around the feta to cover the bottom of the skillet. Bake until softened, 8–10 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve with pita chips.
- Serve immediately.