- 5 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Place unhusked corn in microwave and cook for 6-8 minutes. When the corn is cool, enough to handle, husk and cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions. In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, olive oil, sugar salt, and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Serve cold or at room temperature.