- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces
- 3 large beets, roasted and cut into chunks
- 2 leeks,light green and white parts only, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- coconut oil spray
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar
- fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup walnut chopped
- Scrub beets. Wrap completely in aluminum foil and place in a preheat 400* oven. Roast until tender and easily pierced with a knife, about 45 minute to one hour depending on the size of the beets. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel using a paring knife or by pushing the skin with your fingers. Cut into chunks
- Cook carrots until tender crisp. I steamed mine.
- While the other veggies are cooking, prepare your leeks.
- Cut the dark green part of the leek off and discard. Cut leeks into slices and pac in a large bowl of cold water. Swish the leeks around to remove any grit. Use a slotted spoon to place leek in a colander and rinse well.
- Spray a skillet with coconut oil spray and heat over medium high heat. Add washed leeks and garlic. Sauté until leeks are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Layer all the veggies in a baking dish. Drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and pepper. Sprinkle with walnut and rumbled goat cheese over the top.
- With oven set to broil cook until cheese is golden brown. Let cool slightly and serve.
Serves 6 as a side dish. 2-3 as a main dish.