- 6 medium beets, trimmed
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap each beet in foil, enclosing completely. Place on rack in oven and bake until beets are tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour Cool in foil. Peel beets, then cut each into 6 slices.
- Arrange beets, slightly overlapping, on half of large platter. Arrange cucumber slices on other half. Scatter onion in center. (Can be made 4 hours ahead; chill.)
- Whisk honey, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
Pre time does not include roasting the beets.
Keywords: beets, cucumber, sweet onion, salad