- 2 cups unsalted butter. room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 7 c powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter alone for 30 seconds. Add salt and vanilla, and continue mixing for another minute.
- Sift together cocoa and powdered sugar. Add flour mixture in small batches to butter mixture alternately with cream, scraping down the sides of your bowl frequently. Beat until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Frost fully cooled cakes as desired.