- 2 cups flour,
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl,whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl beat egg lightly, add the buttermilk and melted butter. Our wet mixture into dry and stir until combined.
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a cutting board. Scrape the dough from the sides of the bowl onto cutting board and shape into a ball, kneading lightly if necessary. Transfer to cast iron skillet. Sprinkle lightly flour.
- Using a sharp knife make an X across the top of the dough.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter.