- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 pint pistachio gelato
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Mix brownies according to package directions. Bake in a 13X9 inch baking dish. You want the brownies thin. Cool completely.
- Next using an ice cream scoop, scoop gelato leveling off the surface of the gelato even with the scoop to make a flat bottom.
- Place the scooped gelato into cupcake liners and freeze until very firm.
- Using the edges of your ice cream scoop, cut out circles of brownie. Using the ice cream scoop insures you have the same size circles.
- Top each brownie circle with one of the sorbet scoops. Place back in the freezer.
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and add water just to cover the sugar. Cover and bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the sugar water is 245* degrees. Leaving the lid on keeps the sugar from burning along the sides of the pan.(the condensation drips down and keep the sugar from sticking on the sides)
- Whip the egg whites in a stand mixer on low until frothy. Then increase the mixer speed and whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- With the mixer on low speed slowly pour the boiled sugar into the soft peak eggs. Once all the sugar is poured into the egg whites increase the speed of the mixer to high and continue to whip until the mixture has cooled and you can touch the bowl of the mixer…it will be very hot once you pour in all the sugar. The meringue will be glossy and thick.
- When you are ready to serve, pipe the meringue using a pastry bag and tip or you can spread the mixture with a spoon, making sure to cover the brownie and gelato completely.
- Using a culinary torch, brûlée the egg whites from a safe distance.
- Serve immediately.