- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1/3 lb. Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 brats
- 4 hot dog or hoagie buns
- Honey Mustard Sauce (see recipe below)
- Cook the bacon until it’s crispy. Set aside.
- Sauté Brussels sprouts about 1 tablespoon bacon fat until they are just wilted.
- Add the pecans and cranberries. Stir for about a minute, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Boil brats in beer and grill or sauté in skillet until well browned.
- Place the brat in a hot dog or hoagie bun, top with brussels sprout mixture, honey mustard sauce and bacon. Serve with dill pickles.