- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 2 cloves, large garlic cloves, minced 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes 1 medium onion, halved and sliced 1 -8 oz package baby spinach (6 cups)
- 2–15 oz canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- In a large, skillet over medium heat; add bacon and cook until bacon is begins to crisp.
- Add onions,garlic, sugar, and red pepper flakes to bacon in skillet; cook, stirring, occasionally, until onions begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add beans,rosemary,vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste,increase heat to medium high and boil to thickened the sauce slightly and heat the beans.
- To serve place spinach on plate and top with bean, bacon mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.