- Pesto Dressing
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 2 large vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, shredded
- Additional fresh basil, sliced for garnish if desired
- For pesto dressing, in a food processor combine basil, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan cheese. Cover and pulse until combined. Add vinegar, water and oil. Cover and process until thoroughly combined.
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Slice each tomato into 6 wedges, leaving the bottoms of the tomato intact. Spread open the wedges of the tomatoes slightly and evenly divide the spinach and mozzarella between the tomatoes. Drizzle each tomato with the dressing and finish with fresh cracked pepper and salt if desired.