- 4 large apples
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 6 large Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Peel and dice apples. Toss with lemon juice.
- In a small skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add chopped apples, cinnamon and brown sugar and 1/4 cup water and let cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Stir together cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water. Add mixture to skillet and continue cooking until most of the liquid is gone and apples are soft.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute so they are easier to roll.
- Divide the apple mixture and caramel bits between the tortillas. Roll like you would a burrito, folding in the sides, making a nice package.
- Brush each burrito with butter and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375* oven for 15-20 minutes or until tortilla begins to brown.
- Enjoy with ice cream or whipped topping.
Keywords: apple, tortilla, caramel, bake, dessert