- 4 large apples ( your favorite), peeled and cored
- 1 ready made pie crust
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup kraft caramel bits
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the granulated sugar, corn starch, apple pie spice and salt in a shallow dish.
- Juice the lemon into a small bowl. Dip each apple in the lemon juice and then roll peeled and cored apples in the sugar mixture and set in oven safe custard cups sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Mix caramel bits and pecans into the remaining sugar mixture. Stuff into the prepared apples, dividing evenly between them.
- Cut circles from the pie crust that are about 2 inches larger than the top of your custard cups. If desired you can cut a decorative whole in the center of each circle. Place pie circles over the tops of the apples, covering the apple completely and sealing to the custard cup. Add scrapes of pie crust to form an edge. If you have cut a decorative opening, place the cut out over the opening, do not seal. If you did not cut an opening cut slits for steam to escape.
- Brush the heavy cream over each apple cup and sprinkle the the crust with the turbinado sugar.
- Place custard cups on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the apple is tender.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve topped with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Keywords: apples, ice cream, caramel, pecans, single serving size, pie