- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 – 8 once package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chips or Crackers for serving
- In a large skillet,over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion start to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, stirring, for another few minutes until the water has evaporated. Let the onions cool slightly.
- Transfer the onions, sour cream, cream cheese, thyme, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce into a food processor, pulsing to combine ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
Dip can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.