- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted farro*
- 3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups lightly packed lettuce mix( your choice)
- 1medium fennel bulb trimmed, halved, cored, and very thinly sliced
- 1 cups fresh raspberries divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- For toasted farro, cook farro according to package directions. Drain well. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 cup cooked farro. Reserve remaining farrow for another use. Cook and stir frequently until toasted, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- Slice the goat cheese into 4 even slices. Roll into balls. Press into farro to coat. Reserve remaining farrow for garnish. Keep cheese balls refrigerated until serving time.
- Mix basil and lettuce in a large bowl, divide between two serving plates. Arrange fennel, 3/4 cup raspberries and onion on top of lettuce mixture. For dressing, combine the vinegar, oil, 1/4 cup raspberries, and honey. Blend to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange cheese balls over salad and drizzle with dressing.
- Sprinkle with remaining toasted farro if desired.