- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound uncooked Campanella pasta ( you can use any shape pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat coconut oil in a stock pot over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, and cocoa. Cook until beef is browned and cooked tough, breaking up beef as it cooks.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and beans, Bring to a boil and stir in pasta. Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place shredded cheese on top, cover to let the cheese melt, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired and serve.
Keywords: pasta, spicy, comfort food, ground beef, dinner