- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 – 20 ounce bags Simply Potatoes, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400* degrees
- In a large saucepan over medium heat melt butter. Add flour and cook stirring constantly for about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Cook stirring until mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted
- Add potatoes and mix well to combine.
- Spray a 13 X 9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour potato mixture into prepared pan and cover with tin foil.
- Place in in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Return to oven uncovered for an additional 15 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and parmesan cheese is browned.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
If making ahead place a piece of parchment paper over potatoes before covering with tin foil.
Remove from refrigerator about an hour before cooking or adjust cooking time if making ahead.