- 3/4 cup fresh cherries , pitted and diced, plus extra halves to garnish the top of the loaf
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pit and dice the cherries. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt until combined; set aside.
- In separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar using a hand or stand mixer.
- Beat in the egg
- Add vanilla, almond milk and greek yogurt and mix well.
- Toss diced cherries in the flour mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir just until combined.
- Place batter into the prepared loaf pan. Top loaf with cherry halves and almond, place in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 15-30 minutes, remove from the loaf pan, and slice.