- For the Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders put on wooden skewers
- Salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Spray the chicken skewers with non stick cooking spray ( I use coconut oil spray) and season with salt and pepper. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Grill the chicken skewers until cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Drizzle with soy sauce and grill for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, Place all sauce ingredients together in a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk if the sauce seems too thick.
- Serve the chicken skewers with the peanut sauce.