- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 2 hours.