- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, and vanilla mixing until well incorporated.
- Add dry mixture alternately with milk until well mixed.
- Drop batter by spoonful on to lined cookie sheets. I use an ice cream scoop for uniform cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes, then removed from baking sheet to cooling rack.
- Frost with Buttercream Frosting .
Keywords: cocoa, bake, cookies, dessert