- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Mix softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer. Beat for 30 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla and almond extracts. Increase to high-speed and beat for 3 minutes. Add more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
- For Chocolate Frosting: Add 1/2 cup cocoa. You may need to add a touch more cream.
Keywords: powdered sugar, butter, frosting