- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup toasted organic unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- egg wash-1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil. Using a fork or pastry cutter cut coconut oil into dry mixture until crumbly in texture.
- Add almond milk, vanilla and sugar. Stir thoroughly.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Shape into a 7 or 8 inch circle. Cut into 8 equal portions. Place dough on a greased or parchment lined pan and shape into a circle. Flatten slightly. Cut into eighths separating slightly.
- Using a pastry brush and egg wash, brush each scones and dust with sugar.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.