- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons, unsalted butter
- 2 ears sweet corn, kernels cut off cob
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoon brandy
- 1–1/2 teaspoons real maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Add bacon to a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy then remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and set aside. Remove all but a teaspoon of bacon grease from skillet.
- Add butter to bacon grease in skillet, swirl until melted. Stir in sweet corn, sweet onion, red pepper,brandy, maple syrup, salt, and pepper then turn the heat up slightly and toss to combine. Sauté for 7-8 minutes or until corn is tender and caramelized, stirring every so often.
- Add bacon back in then taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Garnish with green onions.
Keywords: sweet corn, red pepper, bacon, maple syrup, side dish