You can also fry the tortillas until they are crisp and have Corned Beef Tostada’s.
- For Tacos:
- Prepared Corned Beef
- 8 –6” corn tortillas
- Mustard Seed Salsa
- For Corned Beef:
- 2 pound package of corned beef with the picking spice packet
- Guiness Stout (enough to cover the corned beef, I used 3 cans)
- 1 package ready to use cole slaw mix
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Mustard Seed Salsa:
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon green chilies
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Corned Beef: Place corned beef in crock pot. Sprinkle the space packet over the meat. Pour in enough beer to cover the meat.
- For the Curtido: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine. Transfer to a storage container and refrigerate until serving.
- For Salsa: sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Allow to cool. Place water and mustard seed in a small non stick saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduced heat to low and simmer 10-12 minutes. Place in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cool water. Allow to drain. Place mustard seeds, sautéed onions, green chilies, vinegar, garlic, and salt in a small bowl. mix throughly. Sore in a non-reactive container in the refrigerator until serving.
- To Assemble Tacos:
- Heat tortillas. You can microwave them, heat them on a skillet, or fry them.
- Place 1 1/2 – 2oz of corned beef on each tortilla, top with curtido, and mustard seed salsa.
Prep and cook time do not include cooking the corned beef.
Keywords: tortillas, corned beef, tacos, mustard seed, Guiness Stout beer, cole slaw mix