- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon orange flavor extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups fresh cranberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and orange flavoring and beat again. Sift together the salt, baking powder, and flour. Slowly beat into the butter mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cranberries, and orange zest by hand.
- Spread the batter in a greased 9×13 baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the extra 1/4 cup cranberries and turbinado sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in a sealed container.
made mine in a smaller pan for a thicker brownie. Adjust baking time if using a smaller pan.