- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a 6-quart pressure cooker set on sear, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add red pepper, onion and garlic, sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add rice and corn and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add 3 cups of chicken stock; season with salt and pepper.
- Secure lid. Set pressure cooker on rice setting for 10 minutes. Vent pressure, then remove lid. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth, secure pressure cooker lid again and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Vent pressure, then remove lid and stir in cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Finish with sliced green onions and serve immediately.
4 main dish servings or 8 side dish.
Keywords: sweet corn, instant pot, risotto, rice, side dish