- 4 hot dogs
- 1/2 durkee fried onions
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 1 package velvetta shells and cheese
- Cook mac and cheese according to the package directions, adding the hot dogs during the last few minutes. Remove hot dogs and finish mac and cheese.
- Meanwhile, combine drupe onions, panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and butter, toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place hot dog buns, on baking sheet. Place cooked hot dogs in buns and, top each with 1/4 cup mac and cheese. Top each with 2 tablespoons of panko mixture,
- Set oven to broil. Broil topped dogs until topping is golden brown.
You will have leftover mac & cheese and topping. Use to make a side dish casserole.