- 2 cucumbers
- 1 package cooked sticky rice (in the Oriental food section)
- ¼ to ½ firm avocado, cut into thin slices
- ¼ red bell pepper, julienne (matchstick) cut
- ¼ orange bell pepper, julienne (matchstick) cut
- 1–2 scallions, julienne
- Cut each cucumber in half and remove seeds with either a small spoon or knife to create a long, hollow tube.
- Spoon in a small amount of rice, then compress towards one side of the tube.
- Gently insert a slice of avocado and a few slices of pepper, then add more rice to fill gaps, compressing and adding more rice until packed full. Be gentle, especially if your avocado is ripe and soft!
- With a sharp knife, slice cucumber into 1 inch thick pieces (thinner if you’re a daredevil). If you start to notice the filling is loose as you cut, stuff in some rice and peppers where needed.
- Serve with either low sodium soy sauce or spicy mayo. To make spicy mayo, mix 1 Tbsp mayo and ½ tsp sriracha.