- 3/4 cup dark chocolate gelato
- 3/4 cup pistachio gelato
- 6 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 – 10 ounce package Ghirardelli Dark Melting wafers
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Pistachios, raspberries, and mint for garnish
- Line a small glass bowl (I used a square shaped bowl with a 2 cup capacity) with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-4-inch overhang on all sides.
- Pack chocolate gelato into the lined bowl, pressing up the side and covering the bottom. Place pistachio gelato into the chocolate in the bowl filling the bowl creating layered effect. Fold wrap over to seal the bowl and freeze until firm, at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- In a small bowl, mix together cookie crumbs and the coconut oil. Fold back plastic and press crumb mixture onto gelato. Rewrap and freeze at least 15 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate wafers according to package directions.
- Fold back plastic from gelato. Invert bowl onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet. Using a hot dish towel wipe the outside of the bowl to loosen the contents. You may have to repeat this process several time. Lift bowl and completely remove plastic.
- Pour melted chocolate over top, starting in center and working outward, don’t worry if it isn’t perfect, once its decorated any imperfections will seem to disappear.
- Freeze tartufo on rack to harden, at least 5 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions and place in a ziplock bag. Remove tartufo from freezer. Snip off a tiny corner of the ziplock bag and garnish the top of the tartufo. Place on a decorative plate and use chopped pistachios, raspberries, and mint to finish garnishing your tartufo and serve.