Chocolate salty caramel goodness!
- 1–18.25oz. Box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup strong brewed caramel flavored coffee(i brewed 1-k-cup on the smallest cup size in my Kerig)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine all ingredients except the dulce de leche in the bowl of mixer fitted with a paddle attachment ( or you can use a hand mixer). Beat according to directions on cake mix box.
- Deposit batter to equal 2/3 full paper lined muffins tins. Place 1/2 the batter top with dulce de leche place a pinch of sea salt on caramel then cover with remaining batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until pick inserted comes out clean. The top of the cupcake will bounce back when touched.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Frost with Salted Caramel Frosting.See Below. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and drizzle with melted dulce de leche if desired.
Keywords: chocolate, cupcake, bake, dulce de leche