- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped fire roasted diced green chiles
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans northern beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken ( I used rotisseri chicken from the deli)
- 1 cup chicken both
- 1–26oz container Swanson cream starter, reduced fat
- Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Blend Cheese and chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and red pepper, sauté until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, red pepper flakes, and sauté 2 minutes. Add beans, chicken, and broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cream starter and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with cheese and cilantro and serve.
Keywords: chicken, easy, soup