- 2 cups cooked farro
- 8 cups of cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 4 slices applewood smoked bacon, diced and cooked until crisp
- 2 large green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook farrow according to package directions and spread on baking sheet to cool.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave safe dish and add about 1/4 cup milk. Milk keeps the cauliflower white. Cook for 2-4 minutes until tender crisp.
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Once cauliflower is cooked drain and place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray. roast cauliflower for 20-30 minutes or until just starting to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place farro, roasted cauliflower, bacon, green onions, peas, olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs, tossed gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve a room temperature.